Thursday, September 8, 2011

Purple Platter... Jewelry holder thing....

Aren't you all in for a treat! There are THREE things I'm posting about tonight. I will warn you now though - Shane says that my house has to be clean before I can "craft". He sounded exactly like my dad when he said it - but it is great motivation to keep my house clean :D So I will hopefully be able to do some more stuff this week.

Anyway, the first thing I did was make a ring/earring platter thing. My sister has SO many of these for like cakes and that - and I saw one on Pinterest and got excited! My old jewelry box has seen better days.

Anyway, a trip to DI and Walmart got me everything I needed for this little project. Total cost was probably about $10 --- but there are leftover supplies so... I WIN!

I totally didn't even think about a "before and after". So here is "before I put my jewelry on" and "after I put my jewelry on". I just really really REALLY hope the paint doesn't chip off. I put like 5 clear coats on and waited 24 hours before putting anything on.... Anyway, I like this project. It inspired me to make my room more colorful. Maybe that will be some future task! 

No comments:

Post a Comment