Thursday, September 8, 2011

RaInBoW cAkE

So... Adam's birthday is coming up and I have been wracking my brain trying to think of what kind of cake to make. Surfing Pinterest, I found a beautiful layered cake and thought, "I can do that... It would only take 5 hours and 3 boxes of cake mix and 7 round pans." Well..... then I found this! 
**cue the angels singing** 
However, the recipe is for Weight Watchers and calls for diet Sprite. ##GROSS## For those of you who know me, I am morally opposed to diet drinks. And diets in general. So I just used regular white cake mix.

Now THAT I can do. There is now way the four of us can healthily [yup, pretty sure I made that word up] eat a whole cake. I decided to use the people I work with as my guinea pigs. They are always so obliging.

I don't have two 8-inch round pans so I just plopped it all in a 9x13"... And I accidentally did too much blue.

I'm sorry - but I am a batter-eater. Looking at this picture makes me want to whip up some mix and just grab a spoon. It also makes me think of Play-Do. (don't worry - the two thoughts don't overlap)


Oh yeah - I also didn't have enough left-over frosting in a can. Did I mention that I remembered my plan to make this at 9:30 PM the night before....? I don't like to use frosting in a can, but necessity and fatigue won that night. And it didn't even taste that great - but I WILL try again!


No comments:

Post a Comment